Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 1: complete

Intake: 1450 (yuck)
Burned: 450 (thank the lord)
Net: 1000


Not too shabby. It was 950, but then I just HAD to have tea... and, of course, in my tea I NEED a whole tablespoon of agave sweetener. Damn agave. It's really just too, too good.

Story time: Two days ago, a couple of my friends came over. I, the fashionista that I am, was rocking the long-sleeved shirt and sweatpants look. With a scarf.

Anyhow, we walk into the living room and my friend says something about "you" (referring to me) and "skinny." Being the insecure, attention-whore that I've recently become, I naturally ask her to repeat herself. She says, "you look skinny in sweatpants. Most people don't."

I think this quote made my year. (So, note to friends: 2011 is covered. Please save all nice comments for 2012. Thank you.)

I mean, she's insecure... and perhaps a bit ednos herself... and definitely NOT one for random compliments like that. I've known her forever and I love her, but she just isn't that type. So this, naturally, surprised me. But, obviously, made me extremely happy. I mean, telling a girl with an ED that she's "skinny" is better than any material item you could EVER give her.

Or maybe that's just me.

But, regardless, if she's noticing, I must be doing SOMETHING right. Right?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie... the highlight of my week is usually when my nerd friends (ie the guys who come to our apartment on Thursdays to play Dungeons and Dragons) say, "Wow, Ness. You're looking good! Did you lose more weight?" Which i usually have. I feel a little bad for them though, they're sweating it out at boot-camp-esque cardio classes (then going to McDonald's and chugging slurpees etc.) and don't understand why I'm flying by them....

    The moral of the story is, we are all attention whores!

    Oh, and where did you get that "Marie Antoinette" looking thinspo? Absolutely divine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great compliment!
    Those ARE quite nice, you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa- The MA thinspo is from a clothing brand called Wildfox Couture. (sp?) And that's awesome!!! Keep flying, girl ;)

    Jacqueline- :)

    ReplyDelete